Monsoon season is best for discovering popular places if you want to escape the crowd and noise in the metropolitan. Here are the top 10 destinations to discover this rainy season.
Most of us think that it’s terrible to travel during the monsoon season. The concept of mud, rain and wet-slippery roads makes the travel plan less interesting. But if you want to escape the tourist-filled busy streets throughout peak season then off-season like the monsoon is flawless to make those getaway plans. Also, the silence and the mesmerizing sights will calm you along with giving you a pause from the day-to-day noise of your life. And the experience of visiting a place will feel more special due to less crowd presence around these destinations.
If you want to have a low-key holiday and want to spend valuable time with your loved ones or even with yourself, then the rainy season is the best to go for a trip. Fortunately, there are places which not only offer amazing views in their peak season but also during the monsoon season. You will be amazed to know how many places can be visited during monsoon season and we have charted them, all for you.
- Coorg, Karnataka: This destination is seamless for a weekend getaway if you live in Bangalore as it is just 270 km away. This place is bounded by beautiful coffee plantations and makes for a delightful road trip. If you are an adventure junkie, then absolutely go for trekking to the uppermost peak of Tadiandamol
- Udaipur, Rajasthan: If you want to escape the crowd but don’t want to experience rain, then Udaipur is the best place for you. Udaipur is considered as one of the most romantic cities of India. It also has some of the most gorgeous lakes like Lake Pichola and Fateh Sagar Lake.
- Mount Abu, Rajasthan: Being the only hill station in a dry state like Rajasthan, it offers a mix of both adventure and landscape. It is also a famous place for a honeymoon trip.
- Valley of Flowers, Uttarakhand: It is famous to travel this place during monsoons. It is only during the monsoon that one gets to experience the full bloom of 400 varieties of flowers. And the incredible view makes it worthwhile.
- Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra: This destination is flawless for all your impromptu plans. You can simply plan a short but exciting trip without much hassle. Venna Lake, Marpo Garden, Pratapgad and Lingamala falls are some of the places worth staying here.
- Alleppey, Kerala: The flourishing plants and green trees makes Kerala stunning during monsoon. Apart from offering remarkable views it also offers a dust-free atmosphere and backwater cruise.
- Munnar, Kerala: For all the landscape lovers this place is finest for you. Its serenity and the picturesque views make up for a perfect getaway destination.
Wayanad, Kerala: The prime attraction of this hill station is the 3-day rainy season festival ‘splash’. This festival conducts events like off-roading, mud football, zip line, tug of war and boating. You can also enjoy hikes and camping here.
- Cherrapunji, Meghalaya: Being the second rainiest place on earth, travel over here during the rainy season is not everyone’s cup of tea. But if you want to see some great sights then this place offers quite amazing views during monsoon.
- Lonavala, Maharashtra: This place is mostly visited by folks living on the west coast as it is close to Mumbai and Pune. Hiking, sightseeing and camping are some of the things one can experience here.